Facilities on site
The Academy offers excellent facilities including:
- 9 indoor acrylic, 9 clay, 2 outdoor acrylic and 3 outdoor AstroTurf court
- On-site sports physio, sports psychology and nutritional services
- On-site specialist sports gym for strength, conditioning and performance training
- Educational partnership with Cheam High School
- A relaxing sports lounge, indoor and outdoor viewing areas
Activities at the centre
- STA provides coaching and playing facilities for around 1,000 junior players a week and is acknowledged as one of the leading tennis centres in the UK. It is recognised as a centre of excellence, becoming the Lawn Tennis Association’s South East regional headquarters in March 2000 and is now regarded as a national High Performance Centre
- The Academy is not just for juniors; adults can play here too! The extensive adult tennis programme provides adults of all ages and abilities with the opportunity to take up a course, practice on club nights, have private lessons or even book into a personal programme
- STA is proud to be a Disability Hub and supported by the Tennis Foundation. Their growing Disability Tennis programme caters for players with a variety of needs as well as offering a standalone wheelchair tennis course.
The Academy’s tennis facilities are open to the public. Membership is not necessary. STA places continuous emphasis on junior and community tennis programmes, including close co-operation with local schools. The Tennis Academy formed in 2002 includes the Cheam High Tennis Scholarship Scheme, combining an academic programme at nearby Cheam High School with a full-time tennis and fitness programme.